Monday, April 11, 2011

Halfsies

Oh the halfway mark. Isn't that a fun point in your day? your workout? your to-do list? Half way is a point to highlight. You have put in the effort and most likely progress that shows because anything left to do is less than half. Once you hit half you can tell yourself I've done half and survived this second part is going to be that much easier. I ended up doing half my workout this morning. I am trying really hard to get twenty minutes of "extra" movement in my day. Eventually thirty minutes and then my own play 60. But for now I am focusing on twenty minutes a day. I changed this when I had completed three weeks worth of fifteen minutes a day, what's an extra five minutes. A warm-up? A cool-down? So today I pulled out my resistance band. I purchased a tri cord kit of three different resistance bands with a work out dvd for roughly eight dollars. I packed one of the cords in my duffel bag. It was just liberating to pack some work out clothes, a resistance band, a yoga dvd, and a yoga strap. I figured I am planning to be healthy. Sometimes planning is half the battle. For ten minutes I flexed, tensed, focused, and relaxed different muscle groups. This left ten minutes for the day but I just had to find it, I was already half way done. Food victory came in at lunch time. My hubby and I have some local favorites that we always plan on enjoying while here on vacation. That means we needed some fried seafood Po Boys. YUM! Some special kettle chips (my favorites - voodoo gumbo but sadly these too have changed - where's all the seasoning :( and a fried pie. None of this is healthy. But it is also cuisine we don't eat everyday nor every month. So we set out to have this for lunch but we went halfsies. Normally I would easily consume all this on my own. But halfsies we get the flavor, plenty full, and half the calories (still overbudget but improvement). This left ten minutes to go for the workout so I squeezed in some silly dances. We packed what we could leaving little resources. So from my memory I chicken danced, kick-boxed, penguin waddled, Egyptian walked, and basketball hustled for a solid ten minutes. It went super quick. I like to get things done all at once but sometimes a girl just has to go halfsies :) May your HealthFULL Journey be FULL, and that you have someone you can go halfsies when needed. 'Til we meet again. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment