Saturday, April 2, 2011

Blah Blah blah

What a day to feel blah! I just couldn't get out of my funk today. The weather was beautiful, we had plans for the evening, and most of the day was a good ol' family day. However I just couldn't shake my black cloud feeling. The kind of day you just want to crawl under some comfy blankets, paw through a bag of potato chips, skip movement of any sort, and just cuddle with the baby. Any plans sound like a hassle ( no matter how fun they seem). Have You just ever had a day where within five minutes your life changes three times over? We had a moment like that and I won't bore you with details but it certainly was an emotional whiplash. And possibly sharing my story yesterday let go of some burden but also made me vulnerable and no one likes to feel prone for an attack. For so long I have used food as my crutch, my shield, my blanket. It was meant to be sustenance and if occasionally tasty a double bonus. But these blah days are the days I have to re-teach myself that food can't be the solve all. These are the days that movement is necessary and whatever means I can use to pull the bootstraps I have to muster through. This is my life and I deserve to feel good and my little boy deserves to have a mom who wants to play and more importantly who can play. So to the Wii Fit seemed the easiest to set up and complete the fifteen minutes. I stepped on the board to receive my balance check and weight. My balance was spot on; a balanced fifty percent on each foot. Yay. Then the scale plus two pounds. Blah!!! I know I know within a day a body can fluctuate plus or minus two pounds. But when you are feeling blah seeing a gain of any sort so not cool. Then I took my body tests, walking and peripheal. Umm the Wii Fit said walking wasn't really my thing. Oh good, it's only a life skill that one uses daily. Fantastic! Then it told me I was approximately 33 years of age. I was 22 a week ago. I gained eleven years, what a wonderful blah moment to add to the list. I decided to push through my ticked off punk side and skateboarded better than I have ever done. Great! The tides are changing. I then tried juggling which is very metaphoric in my life. Juggling all of the roles life has cast upon me as of recently. I would start to get a routine going, feeling good, and then the game started to lob bombs directly at me. This game is my life story. After my rough start with juggling I decided to try an obstacle course where I was flattened by a log and sent airbourne by a giant ball and chain. Yup this is very close to how I was feeling before starting Wii Fitness and was true after thirty minutes of working out. It was time to get ready to go out and my blah ness started to cover my thoughts. Have you ever put soap in your hair because of being distracted? I have but today I did the opposite. I used my shampoo as soap and then I couldn't remember if I had washed my hair or not? I figured it out and just felt remarkably blah. I couldn't even shower right today. It was then time to go and me and my son shared a first. We had the chance to experience our first crawfish boil, which is funny because they are not all that common in South Carolina. Tasty morsels with lots of veggies soaking up that delicious seasoning, very yummy! We visited and caught up with family and friends and showed off our little cutie. My food victory was a basic one today. I drank my eight glasses of water (which I might want even more after the crawfish boil). It has been awhile since I have stayed as hydrated as I should. It really is an easy thing to accomplish to drink water and yet I have let myself stray from the habit. I really can tell the difference from when I am occasionally sipping H2O and drinking as least the recommended amount. Hopefully this is a start to a lifechanging trend. May your healthFULL Journey have very little blahness but when it does happen that you have support and motivation to push through. Because blah moments pass and usually bliss is what follows. Work through the blahs to truly embrace the bliss. 'Til we meet again. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment