Sunday, April 10, 2011

Falling into Relaxation

What a restful day this Sabbath day was ! It was a delightful day of family and relaxation. We started the morning with hubby feeding the baby. (SCORE!) Extra sleep for this momma and then we got ready for church at an hundred twenty-two year old Catholic Seminary. How cool! It was a touching sermon that hits the heart right when I needed a couple of those reminders but at the same time my lil' one is learning new sounds. And how much fun is it to shriek these high pitches in an older church with lots of echo? So FUN!!! Especially when the rest of the church begins to meditate and pray in silence, what a perfect time to share our new sounds with EVERYONE with an echo effect! Ahh the joys of parenthood complete with embarassment and nowhere to hide :) After church we had a jazzy brunch (minus the jazz). Food victory number one (I am grasping for straws today!), I chose a steak benedict vs. bananas foster french toast. I love sweet but figured I also enjoy a good eggs benedict and figured that there would be less calories compared to the dripping whipping cream and drenching syrup. Then onwards to home where I had an unplanned nap and so did the little boy. A nice long nap which is rare for our household. Then we woke up for a family video conference with distant family in Wisconsin (somewhat old stomping grounds). And then dinner. What a fun day, brunch, nap, and back to supper. We were going to try a steamery restaurant. It serves up tons of seafood and NONE of it fried. Oh it was delicious! This is a pathetic food victory but honest, I didn't dip EVERYTHING in butter. (I warned that I was grasping at straws). After the restaurant it was getting late and still didn't have my twenty minutes of movement. I decided to pop in the Yoga DVD I brought and focus on quiet relaxing deep breaths with strong poses. Then a little tv with family where delicious cupcakes were brought out. I don't know if this counts as a food victory because so far the yummy frosting has not crossed my lips but they are awfully tempting as I finish up this blog. Today was about true R & R but not turning towards full comforts of the past. It was nice to relax and still maintain willpower with some purposeful movement. May your HealthFULL Journey include down time. Life today seems too easy to get oneself wrapped up into a whirlwind with no reprieve, we all need, deserve, and must take some rest to gather energy to be ready for the next adventure. 'Til we meet again. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment