Monday, April 18, 2011

Going Through the Motions

Today was Monday and I had the full Monday blahs. I started the morning at five am and let the marathon begin. I start with high hopes but by five oh five I am off schedule. I hit snooze. Well, okay honestly I reset the alarm clock for a half hour later. I was hoping to get my work out done in the morning and not have to fret. But sleep sounded more important and certainly more enticing. Then toast for breakfast because the morning was moving rapidly by me after sneaking in a feeding and cuddle with one of my fave people. Then work and then unto my parents for a family meal. There were healthier options but I didn't even notice. I just grabbed for flavor and comfort actually bumping my hand on veggies and bypassing them. Bring on the rolls! And it was driving home that it hit me. I had several choices to be healthier and I skipped them because I was on autopilot just going through the motions. Wake up, shove food in my mouth, shove a bottle in my son's, cuddle, burp unto work. Do my job, stop for lunch, continue work, drive to obligation, make small talk, grab food for dinner plate, drive home. That sums up my day. Even my work out on the Wii Fitness was just adding the minutes to 21 minutes. But really coming to terms of going through the motions. Because honestly I do this too often. I work myself up into a frenzy for different events and then just go numb and work off autopilot until I am recharged and ready to get myself into another frenzy and the patter continues over and over. So I packed five vegetables and fruits for tomorrow. That was my food victory. I am planning to be healthier and one way to up my success rate is to truly prepare myself. Don't pack chips for lunch because how convenient can you get (grab bag put into other plastic bag , bring to work.) Love simple! So I grabbed the knife and cut up an apple. Mixed together a hearty salad and smashed a sweet potato already baked. I have to keep myself aware to truly live in the moment and stop settling for the autopilot life. It's not fun because I'm not connecting to it and therefore it is not engaging and its like I am edging myself out of my own life. Because when you stop connecting then what's the point? So I have to remember to plug back in and not retreat. Signs you may not be connecting - avoiding mirrors (who wants to face reality) , punching ignore and quiet on the cell phone more times than answering (because why bother), less than three destinations in your day (home, work, childcare - this screams routine with no adventure and what kind of journey is that?) , and unaware if you have smiled or frowned within the last five minutes (what kind of mood are you projecting? and more important what kind of mood are you feeling). Ways to connect - take a minute to admire yourself in the mirror and dress in an outfit that is attractive and comforting, calling friends/family or sitting down to write a note to let someone know you care, stop to smell the roses or at least allow yourself and extra thirty minutes to check out a new shop/eatery, and stretch your face muscles by making funny faces. May you HealthFULL Journey incorporate fun, fellowship, and FULLness. Let's stop going through the motions and letting the precious seconds slip by and Live FULLy by Fully Understanding Life by Living. ' Til we meet again. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment