Thursday, April 14, 2011

Double Dose

Rough morning start. There are a few sounds in the world that you just dread the result. I was in another room when I heard the coughing sound, that guttural cough from our dog that you want to hustle her to the outside. I was stuck and knew I wouldn't get there in time. So with trepidation I rounded the corner. Nothing. I didn't see anything. Do you know what is worse than finding the surprise after that sound, finding nothing. So I continued my search. Hmm. . . Well I don't remember planting that pile of grass in our living room, oh right that's the surprise. Blech! Always fun to clean up such a present first thing in the morning. I then was trying to squeeze in a work-out (even though I lost some time). My plans were to return my previous DVDs to the library as I was already overdue but wanted to Bollywood at least one more time. It was still as fun as the first time. How funny that even a second attempt I could already notice the improvement. Some of the steps were easier and still makes me giggle to feed the chickens and gorilla walk. And then it is time to head off to work. I started my day with water which was my food victory. Work happened and then I hit the library after buying some fresh produce. As we have been out of town we were sorely lacking fresh veggies and fruit. (another victory). At the library I traded my excercise DVDs for two new ones. Even though I had already worked out for the day I had to do a double dose. I was so excited to try out one of the programs as it was yoga for mommy and baby. I was so pumped. I was thinking "what a bonding experience this will be for me and my little guy". The DVD wasn't quite what I anticipated. I wasn't strong enough for some of the moves and might have been more willing to try but I was terrified of dropping my lil one. Much better to be safe than sorry. There were a couple of moves that brought my son to giggles and I will take that any day of the week. I feel that this might be more fun as a group in a class setting (which is what the video was). But I will probably try this at least one more time with my guy for future ideas to bond and giggle and help improve health (especially mommy's :) Then it was time for a bottle for my lil' one and he is going through a phase. The I drink just a little more than what I share by spitting it back up all over everyone. What a fun phase. That's how I usually respond "How fun!" (Not always in the sweetest tone, but I do try to share a smile. But seriously one can only smell like sour formula so often before patience runs thin. ) Ahh what a day of doubles, and clean up to start my morning and clean up to end the evening. "How fun!" (with a smile :) May your HealthFULL Journey include double doses of the good stuff. 'Til we meet again. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment