Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Been There, Done That, Worth Repeating

Planning works.  I actually ate five plus servings of fruit and veggies, a little bit from all the natural color groups (except blue/purple).  By preparing my fruits I was able to eat produce with little effort and how nice to not plan, waste time, or energy running late and once again skipping the fruit/vegetables I know I should eat.  Lunch was delicious as my body could immediately feel the effects of true food.  I call it true food as I tend to gravitate to food in boxes, bags, and cans.  Stuff that comes from the ground is a welcome break.  I had a tasty lunch that included a sweet potato (trick - bake a bunch of them in foil and then store in the fridge for a couple days.  I then smashed one in a container and either eat it cold or heat for less than two minutes and I can enjoy the tasty flavor and the wonderful beta carotene.  I do warn you if you leave the potatoes in foil they will get a bit damp from the "steam" you created by baking and then cooling off.  And then I ate a salad somewhat resembling a Cobb Salad, a little meat, a little cheese and many veggies.  I dressed the salad this morning allowing the dressing to soak into the lettuce variety by lunch and still be flavorful.  However, I did pack some nuts separately as I love a little bit of crunch to my salad (wasabi peas, honey sesame sticks, and nuts all seem to work for me).  I also concentrated once again on drinking more water.  How funny and completely different are the results with just a little extra awareness.  It is easy for a day to pass and not realize the lack of produce I've consumed (or ignored might be a better word) until bedtime when it is too late to really make a difference.  So by 1 pm I had ate five veggies and fruits and drank sixty ounces of water.  I feel like I stumble upon something brilliant when I plan ahead.  I feel less rushed, more organized, and just ready for life's curveballs.  But then I need another reminder as I begin to quickly backslide into my familiar ways.

Back to bellydancing today.  It is a pretty intense work-out.  Well for me it is a pretty intense work out as I don't constantly push myself to sweat.  But as I try to wriggle and giggle I am also trying to catch my breath.  My hips still don't move like their hips tend to slither but I am actually able to follow the DVD and complete most of the moves, with some minor modifications.  Now that I went back to the DVD the first time I have started to feel it is a fun workout. 

I am drifting to lullaby town so I will bid adieu after a final wish of good night and pleasant dreams.  May your journey revisit pivotal and enjoyable moments.  'Til we meet again. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment