Thursday, March 17, 2011

Written Goals and Swirling Thoughts

Happy St. Patrick's Day all. I dressed in green, scratched a lottery ticket (but found no pot o Gold nor felt the Luck ;) and ate square pizza pieces. How was everyone else's day? Well I had a food victory as I actually ate five different veggies today (mushrooms, cauliflower, lettuce, onions, and sort of a fruit avocado). I have not been eating too many veggies/fruit today so it was good to actually get some "real" food in me today. I already feel stronger from the vitamins/minerals coursing through my system. I walked thirty two minutes. Maybe meandered is a better word but it was so much fun. We are having beautiful weather on this day o' green :) I pushed my little one in a stroller who was all smiles (he either was enjoying time with mommy, feeling the fresh air, or experiencing the sun. Perhaps all three.) My little extra bit of exercise not only got me fresh air but extra "quality" time with most of my family as my son was in his stroller and we were face to face and my hubby and I could share about our days and our dog was in sniff heaven. Our cat was enjoying some peace and solitude :) And for my son's smiles, hills aren't so bad. And obviously here I sit typing, so I am three for three on my daily goals. They are a little general at this time. But I feel accomplished and energized. I had no trouble giving my son his bath. Where sometimes after work that sounds like the world's roughest chore and I feel so disorganized, where's the soap? any extra washcloths? grab the cotton balls and the towel snuggler and it feels the list is neverending and I am running around with my head cut off. But after walk in the sunshine saying hello to a few neighbors, I felt like Mary Poppins singing as we gathered the "supplies" for bathtime. Funny how a simple adjustment can change the whole outlook. I have had a million ideas churning in my head on how to get back on track. But in my head the ideas are either easy to sweep away like cobwebs or too much, like a clown with twenty handkerchiefs tied together and it was like I wanted the twentieth scarf but didn't have time to dig out the other 19. So my ideas and goals swirled around and around in my head. Until yesterday it was like write a couple of simple things down. I can do three things. I can make the time to do three things. And by adding extra things to my schedule, it wasn't overwhelming, it eased everything else into place that needed to be done. May your HealthFULL Journey help you organize your priorities as well so that can you reap the blessings of actually doing the activities you want to do. Instead of feeling the guilt of doing a million things and still feeling behind. 'Til we meet again. . .

1 comment:

  1. This is so great Suzy! You are a great writer and so encouraging and honest. I love how you describe the bathtime...where's the washcloths??? I dread that chore myself at times. What a wonderful idea to give yourself 3 things a day. Keep em coming!

    ReplyDelete