Sunday, March 27, 2011

Finally a loss

Hi ya! Today was a good day. The food victory today was a personal biggie. I spent the entire day at home and I didn't mindlessly eat/snack once. I sat down with meals and didn't pick. My thoughts weren't consumed with grabbing snacks from the cupboards. And though I was giving myself permission to not purposefully avoid ice cream and chips, I didn't run to them and even went another day without shoveling them down the gullet. It was kind of empowering. I can actually be in the house and accomplishing my to do list and spending time with my son and not constantly imagining the first getaway to start shoving food into my mouth. Its hard to imagine that has been true too many days. Now my meals could have been healthier. But I think everyone struggles to be healthier. This HealthFULL Journey is to make the small changes everyday to lead to a different way of life. Like today for instance, it wasn't even a conscious thought to remain out of the kitchen cupboards it naturally happened. It was a confirmation that the small changes are leading to big results. Speaking of big results I actually am going down on the scale. Yay! In a week I've lost 2.6 pounds according to the Wii. Maybe not the most reliable scale but so exciting to actually see negative results and that be a positive feeling:) Also if you do the full body test there are certain exercises to measure your "age". It said I 22. Really? I can lose 2.6 pounds and eight years. This week has showed some big results. So I'm excited. I kind of needed this pick up. Yes I am actually finding my footing. Fully Understanding Life by Living and I am starting to feel revived and slowly .....super slowly peeling away some poundage (physically, mentally, and especially emotionally). There is a lot to do but focusing on small strides can equal big results. For instance all the Wii exercises choices for me today were to find my rhythm and skateboarding, we all need that moment where we can let out our inner punk. And my punk side worked her tail off. I quite sweated while my lil' one watched and giggled in delight. May you find your own rhythm on your HealthFULL Journey, that brings you BIG gains, (possibly through BIG losses). 'Til we meet again. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment