Monday, March 21, 2011

A Perfect TEN! ? ! ?

My food victory today was that I ate ten different vegetables and fruits today. Sound the trumpets, they were delicious and sorely needed. I planned, I followed through and thought I would feel the vitamins instantly energize and heal my ill nutrious ways. However, I never did feel that mineral adrenaline. I actually felt quite the opposite. I was doing so good, applauding myself and patting myself on the back for how good I was eating. And then the afterwork munchies hit. I couldn't be controlled. I am trying this week to avoid potato chips and ice cream. They are comfort snacks for me and I eat both almost daily. So far I am three days in and haven't caved. But that was the goal after work don't eat chips and avoid ice cream (and both are in the house). I even planned a filling snack late in the afternoon so when I get home I don't have to hit the kitchen. And yet after greeting my puppy and letting her out, a quick pet to my cat I was raiding the cupboards. I started with nuts, healthy, high in calories, but have some health benefits. And didn't eat the whole can. Excellent! If only I had stopped. But then I found a new granola bar we bought. So I had one after I convinced myself I don't know if I will want this at work if I don't know what this tastes like. And then onto some pretzel sticks. Seriously!!! I avoided the chips and ice cream but at such a cost. And what is horribly frustrating I don't even think I was hungry. Now it is very easy for me at this point to cancel out today. I messed up so I shouldn't even bother the rest of the day and hopefully start tomorrow. I do that with video games I like to try for perfect scores. But this isn't a game, this is my life and it is a journey. Sometimes I am going to love the path and really enjoy the scenery and there are going to be some tight spots that downright stink. So I reigned in my snacking (after a krispie treat and some banana chips). But done! So I have an eating fest but at least for the most part it was semi healthy. (considering some of my other snack fests - super healthy!). We had a delicious salad for dinner. I am talking about a gourmet big salad. Not just some lettuce, but with some berries, wasabi peas (for that spicy crunch) grilled chicken (gorgeously prepared by my hubby), some orange pepper, and some egg. So yummy!!! And filling! Today's fifteen minutes of movement almost killed me. It's getting late and I just want to go bed. And it is easy to excuse it well I'll double up tomorrow. Or I don't want to wake myself up. Is fifteen minutes going to physically change me. Most likely no. Can a series of fifteen minutes, I am counting on it. But the fifteen minutes of completion is such a mental thing for me. If I excuse it this early in my restart I hate to think how it could avalanche. So I grabbed some tension ropes and fought my way through that fifteen minutes and am proud that I even broke a little sweat. I did it. I didn't throw in the towel. Onwards and hopefully leanwards :) This HealthFULL Journey has some bumpy routes but I know the journey comes with so many rewards, it just is going to take some encouragement, some falls followed by some quick pick-ups, and laughter. May your HealthFULL Journey challenge you but also reward you:) 'Til we meet again :)

No comments:

Post a Comment