Saturday, September 19, 2009

Sleepy-Sleep

Hectic week, so I am squeezing in two blogs tonight. As I shared my delight for the Purple Sweet Potato. I wanted to share a little humor about sleep.
Sleepy-Sleep
Oh bed how do I love thee?
You demand nothing of me.
Every night you provide my sleepy-sleep,
And every morning I so dread the beep-beep-beep.
As night grows near;
It is so nice to know you're always there!
I crawl myself to you
And hope that you can help me renew.
I slowly pull back the sheet
Because I feel so beat.
As I wearily crawl in
I feel your soothing coolness against my skin.
I pull the blankets up;
Kiss my hubby, my kitty, and my lil' pup.
I close my eyes
and hope it takes forever for the sun to rise.
Because my friend,
You know me from beginning to end.
You know how to hold me tight
and how to keep me comfortable throughout the night.
Please bed never think I intentionally shun. . .
Just some days everything feels undone.
Thank you for being a bed that understands
That sometimes the world has high demands.
You give and you share
And Without a word you show that you care.
So when we do not spend enough time
Think of this little rhyme.
Know that my adoration is true
and that I can't wait to dream my dreams with you.
I have no criticism against you, not even a peep!
Because Bed, I am always thankful that you provide my needed Sleepy-Sleep!
Pleasant dreams when you find yourself needing a well-deserved rest on your HealthFULL Journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment