Thursday, September 17, 2009

Beware or Be AWARE?!!

I am starting off with a confession. This week health has not been my number one priority. Looking through the checklist I am not sure if I could proudly claim any of them being completed this week. There are reasons, excuses, distractions, other priorities, or whatever you want to call them for this upside-down week. Though in truth doesn't everyday have a reason, excuse, distraction, obstacle, challenge, etc. ? The exciting thing to share about this announcement is that I don't carry fear or disappointment in my heart. Yes this week I am off kilter but I haven't full fledged dove into the unhealthy ways. I am just not taking the strides I am hoping to work towards for the big picture. That's what is exciting about traveling this journey and not following a diet. Diets in my eyes are always telling us to BEWARE of fats, carbohydrates, sugar, salt, calories and the list goes on and on. We're told do this, change that, be scared of everything!!! Only one mistake can lead to downfall. So as humans we are on high alert of when and where one can error. Everything in our routines carry the ghoulish, heart-pumping, nervous perspiration warnings to BEWARE! On diets you can easily fail, but can one ever truly win? But a journey. That is a whole different approach. Yes, on a journey it is still easy to lose footing on the path but here, we can call that trip - "taking the scenic route". There is no "wrong" way because there is no "right" way. Each pathway is a choice. This is to be aware of what surrounds us daily. What do I like right NOW? What is not working right NOW? If we end up somewhere we don't like, we can retrace our last steps or just create a whole new road. Right now, I am not loving the view from this point of the journey. But I am also not scared! I am not ready to throw in the towel and remark that once again I have failed a diet or that a diet failed me. I plan to Be Aware in this moment. To Listen to my thoughts, Observe the View, Feel out my footing, Sniff out new paths, and Begin to Taste the Sights. On this Healthfull Journey let's ignore the warnings to BEWARE, and together enjoy being aware.

1 comment:

  1. Bravo ... It took me decades to discover that! It makes for LIFE to be a much nicer journey.

    ReplyDelete