Thursday, September 24, 2009

The Difference Between Intentions and Actions

I have great intentions! And if I was able to carry out half of what I planned then I would be beyond amazing. Can you relate? Do you have moments of pure genius? That feeling where you feel victorious at the mere thought of the unlimited possibilities. That confident demeanor in knowing what you plan to do is for the good of all. That nod of assurance that today is the new day that everything changes. But then life happens and all the good intentions get washed away by the need to survive until the end of the day. I need to be honest I am losing the pep to be healthy. The creature comforts of bad habits have the way of fitting themselves back into the daily grind. It can feel like treading water. The hope is still there and the intention is ever-present. But the energy. . . is sorely lacking. I can intend to go to the gym, to plan healthier meals, to blog early in the week, to get enough sleep. But the doing is the problem. The comfort of bad habits are cozy and familiar. They are instantly rewarded. The healthier choice is unfamiliar and definitely uncomfortable. I am aware of quite a few of the tips and the tricks to "sneak" in healthier aspects of a daily routine. That one day will be second nature and not a forced puzzle piece. Please do not think this is throwing in the towel. I am on this journey for the long haul. I am just being honest that this week is hard. That this point I am seeking out a better foothold. The honeymoon phase may be over, but this HealthFULL Journey is a commitment and we will reach the finish line together.

No comments:

Post a Comment