Saturday, September 26, 2009

Changing up the Schedule . . .

Every day consists of twenty-four hours, seven days to a week, fifty-two weeks to a year. This journey is meant to stretch the full year. We are five weeks into this accountability blog. I reviewed my checklist, my starting statement, and the basic why I want to Fully Understand Life by Living. And let me tell you by the checklist if I was grading myself I would have to give me an F. Have I tried to adhere to the different guidelines? Absolutely! All together? Not so much. . . Consistently? Not even close! But the good news, I am not grading myself. I haven't seen the pounds fall off. I have fallen to temptation. I still feel uncomfortable and still desperately want to change. What's so good about that? Is that I still am working towards the checklist. I like Thomas Edison have found thousands of ways to fail. I have had the chance to step back and take inventory of my schedule, my reactions, my physical well-being, my outer appearance, my instincts, my thoughts, and my desires. I am allowing myself to feel and to express those feelings. In the last two months I have stepped more out of my comfort zone than the last decade. Without the daily routine being followed automatically I see (and appreciate) what aspects of my daily schedule needs to be attended to or scrapped altogether. Things that tempt me with no benefit to my well-being, Adios Amigo! Those that work in my favor are allowed more space in both my thoughts and my schedule. Changing up the Schedule does allow for a new perspective and more introspection. It allows me the chance to be vulnerable. It offers the freedom to succeed and the freedom to fail. At any moment excitement, adrenaline, and fear all could be around the corner. The day is not scheduled and maintained, but rather lived. This HealthFULL journey exists and I am so excited you are taking it with me. Let's keep Healthy Together and may you Fully Understand Life by Living. 'Til we meet again. . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment