Saturday, September 5, 2009

Are you Open?

For the most part the word Open has a positive feeling. We hope stores our open. We wait impatiently for elevators and subway cars to open. In sports you tend to get the ball more when you're open. We speak highly of people who remain open-minded or that they love so openly. I think we all can appreciate openness because it means we are allowed entrance. When you open yourself up to another it allows people to share and experience new information, new memories, and most importantly new possibilities. We cannot learn when we are not open. Several years ago I started to close myself off from the world into my own little safe corner. I think one possibility could be in response to losing a lot of people in a short amount of time. It was easier to shut down than to be open about feelings of grief, hurt, pain, and such sadness. It became hard to answer a telephone because who knew what awaited on the other end. But by protecting myself from harm, I lost myself. By opening up about my feelings roughly six weeks ago on Facebook; my world has flipped upside down and all around and I am truly loving it. Things are appearing I would never have seen, had I not opened up my heart and my eyes to see the new world all around me. My fantastic hubby and I spent today being open to new experiences and window shopped and tried new shops. It is interesting to see what is available at all of our fingertips. I hope you find your opened door to a whole new world of possibilities.
"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find: knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives: he who seeks finds: and to him who knocks, the door will be opened." Matthew 7:7-8
God bless you my friends on this HealthFULL Journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment