Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Quarter to Five

No alarm?  Have you ever experienced that rush of adrenaline in the morning when you awake but it wasn't due to an alarm?  It so rarely happens to me.  I am a self proclaimed night owl and desperately cling to my caffeine filled sodas and my sugar rushes after my alarm blares me awake.  But this morning I woke up at quarter to five.  Which sadly was my hope.  This way I could squeeze in a work out, get ready for work, feed my son, drop him off and still get to work by seven thirty.  And my wish was granted. I go to bed tired.  Because I actually physically work,  I work out for twenty five minutes daily (moved up another five minutes about five days ago.)  And then I actually have energy to run errands and/or get household tasks done.  Or just play with my son or walk with my family.  I truly am reclaiming my life and love that feeling of peace/contentment.  Being content and being comfortable are worlds apart.  Be wary of just being comfortable, comfort tends to  be an illusion.  And one I am trying to avoid.  But contentment I'll take that everyday.  That warm fuzzy feeling when for a moment (or longer if you are especially lucky) you feel all is right with the world. 

So thank you Healthfull Journey for helping me find some extra peace during the week.  For allowing me the chance to be creative in the kitchen as I whip up a casserole with grilled chicken breast (no sauces, no marinades) and beautiful eggplant that I couldn't bear to see go to waste.  Thank you for allowing me some true sleep where I feel enough rest to awake without a blaring alarm.  Thank you for helping me to find enjoyment in movement and variety.  Thank you for feeding me nutrients that help me feel stronger.  And thank you for reminding me to count my blessings, the big and the small.

May your HealthFULL Journey awake you and bless you in surprising ways. 'Til we meet again. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment