Monday, May 9, 2011

Grow Baby Grow

What a special day today. And I indulged!!! I loved every minute as my hubby and son made my first official mother's day perfect.  My baby boy and I played and played and played some more.  We enjoyed a family picnic and a little drive through downtown.  and then hit some of my favorite stores.  However I had to squeeze in a work-out late tonight as I had planned to hit the streets with my baby.  I get excited for my son to be "older" and forget how "baby" he still is.  As we were eating our picnic I wanted to share with him but he isn't quite at the eating adult food.  He isn't even passed the bottle stage yet.  I had this day dream fantasy that we would picnic on the grass as he played with/ and in nature.  But he isn't standing or sitting on his own yet.  He still gets overstimulated.  And he isn't a lover of the outside yet or maybe he is and just falls asleep because he is so relaxed.  Please don't think of this as complaining.  My lil' one is perfect and I loved today.  I am just so excited to see how he'll grow.  Will he love sports like his daddy? Will he be theatrical like mommmy?  He is my muse and as he grows more active I hope that will transpire to mommy. 

I feel the blessing of being more active.  I can feel my body able to attempt different movements.  My stamina is building and yet my dream of a picture with my little boy.  I still have lots of work today.  Yes I treated myself today with some of my favorite treats and luxuries.  Life deserves those little pick me ups.  Now I just need to not get caught in the trap.  I deserve this treat because it's monday afternoon.  I deserve dessert three times a day.  I deserve to veg out and finish this bag of chips for the fourth time this week.  The occasional treat absolutely allowed and even encouraged.  It's the onslaught of treats I need to avoid.  Because when I look at a picture I don't want to be shallow and grimace.  I want to see the beautiful little boy who fills my heart with such gratitude.  Baby steps will be what leads us both to success.

So Grow Baby Grow but at your pace.  And mommy will try to keep up.

May your Healthfull journey reflect life's blessings to you.  'Til we meet again. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment