Monday, May 2, 2011

Marching two by two hurrah hurrah

The turn-out this year for the March for Babies was insane!  And such a beautiful day to hold the event (sunny without being overly hot vs. dreary drizzly last year).  We dragged slowly on the street to near the parking complex for the event.  There was a woman next to our car walking and my mother in law joked how she was going to beat us.  Which made me think, we don't credit our steps enough.  We forget that every journey starts with a step.  That any prize/any goal we have craved and struggled starts with a step.  I wish I could magically be at my perfect weight, healthy as can be and call it a day.  But I'm not, but I do know that I am in a lot better condition today than I was six weeks ago when I was just kicking up the pace on my healthfull journey.  There has been an awful lot of steps from there to here.  Some of the steps big giant ones forward, a couple side steps, and some backpedals.  I get nervous of what is ahead, but also excited.  If you would like to still support the march of dimes efforts you can donate at : www.marchforbabies.org/SuzySullivan.

May your healthfull journey be full of memorable steps, some backpedals, some sidesteps, and many many steps forward.  'Til we meet again. . . 

No comments:

Post a Comment