Thursday, October 15, 2009

H-2-O

Howdy everybody, This post is going to be short, but I wanted to check in. When looking back at my checklist I would have to say the biggest and most consistent life change I have made is drinking water. I am doing great on keeping hydrated by drinking water and very little else. I still may have the occasional diet soda, but that is all it is. I don't NEED soda. I even have trouble finishing a full can within an hour when I used to be able to guzzle a full can within five minutes. We have been eating out quite a bit lately as we had some celebrations and visitors. I can notice the way I peruse a menu that I have certainly made some life changes nutritionally. Drinking water out used to not even be a consideration. The waiter barely glances in my direction before I voice my choice of beverage - good ol' H2O. I try to venture new cuisines and take note of the variety of salads. Where I used to base my choice on sides of mashed potatoes and fries, I now seek out steamed or grilled veggies. I try to shrink my meal instead of super-size the entree. I seek out the smaller portion and add a salad. I can feel when I am not drinking as much water. I can't believe only a couple of months ago that I consumed less than 25% of what has become my daily water intake. I hope that I as I work on my checklist for Health that the other goals become as natural to my life as drinking water. May your HealthFULL Journey allow you chances to explore. 'Til we meet again. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment