Sunday, February 12, 2012

Feeling lighter

Feeling Lighter

Its nice to see the numbers lessen on the scale
But thats not my only reason to cheer.
I stand proud because I didn't quit, nor bail.
When I look in the mirror; I rarely jeer.

No longer do I load myself down with shame.
No longer do I wear guilt like a shawl.
No longer do I shout to those I love, hate, or the world why they are to blame.
No longer do I feel alone and that there's nowhere to crawl.

I smile because I feel joy.
I grin because I have energy and want to play.
Everyday is one more day I get to laugh with my little boy.
I am happy and ready to face  the day.

Oh don't think life is perfectly breezy.
But this healthfull journey has stretched me and helped me to grow.
I no longer need the world to be easy
Because I am strong enough to not feel trapped but ready to go.

My body feels able.
My mind feels bright.
My emotions feel stable.
My spirit feels light.

So yes I feel I have lost weight,
But it wasn't just the pounds that made me frown.
It was the negativity, the withdrawal from life, and the self-hate
That was keeping me down.

So as I chose healthy food
and to exercise daily instead of acting like a stone;
My spirit soared and so did my mood.
Now, I'm feeling "in the zone".

Feeling lighter.
Feeling bliss.
Feeling brighter
Feeling that I can't miss.

I still have a "weigh" to go,
but it is an exciting transformation to see.
Because continue to grow
Into whom I've always wanted to be: a lighter, better version of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment