Saturday, January 7, 2012

And the highest bidder is . . .

I'll admit writing down 12 resolutions was fun to tie in with the year.  I like the roundness and completeness of lists and phrasings.  I like ideas to click.  It is a hard concept to describe unless you are borderline obsessive and compulsive with dreamer like tendencies.  But I'll try.

Have you ever been involved with an auction? Aren't they exciting?  The auctioneer is shouting and motivating the crowd.  If you have a dull auctioneer nothing is being sold or what is being sold goes with no fanfare and cheap and frankly is boring.  Oh but a true auctioneer with enthusiasm.  Well you find yourself bidding on items you don't want but you just want to be part of the fun.  You want to giggle about your purchase.  You want to share the story of buying that hideous statue.  But you will have enjoyed the moment.  And what might be a very ugly statue becomes a source of pride, a memory of having fun.   And all of a sudden it becomes a treasure.  Because in the right moment you were ready to give yourself over to the moment and "click".

I think in a way I have imaginary auctions and amp the bids quickly and often.  I am going to make a resolution this year. No, I'll make three. Oh, I do like the sound of five. . . but ten equals perfection. Wait its going to be 2012, I should come up with 12 resolutions! But isn't twenty a fun-sounding number and challenging.  However, fifty sounds golden.  Wait a hundred is .....Whoa a hundred is crazy. Stop the bidding moron! This is your life and you're the only one bidding.  Enthusiasm is good, but frenetic and hysteria equals not good. So pause, take a breath, let's use a little common sense, and reach for something attainable.  One and three resolutions and I'll trap myself into the world of generalities.  Five seems a little low if I want this to be a truly FULL/Whole health journey.   I like ten that seems possible but 12 sounds right it clicks.  Its just that bit extra challenge - Can I do this?  And if if I am going to commit to these 12 goals I'll need to get busy.

So on January 2nd I bought  a calendar (for fifty percent off - see patience and not being choosy can have its advantages).  A little weekly pocket calendar that  allows me a chance to record my accomplishments and with a glance let me know if I need to have a heart to heart with myself.  A resolution won't be left behind because of sheer forgetfulness.  This HealthFULL Journey is teaching me to be aware of my choices.  If I choose to skip exercise.  That's okay (beware of making that choice a habit though).  But to be aware it was a choice.  It is so important to be active in one's journey so that we can FULLY UNDERSTAND LIFE by LIVING.  That means choices.  An informed choices tends to yield the best results.

I am excited to share with my handy calendar and New Year Enthusiasm I am feeling good about the progress I already have made on my twelve resolutions.  This bid of twelve goals was a winner.

May you find yourself in situations full of fun and moments when you feel that click of satisfaction of being in the right place, at the right time, with the right attitude. ' Til we meet again. . .  

No comments:

Post a Comment