Sunday, October 23, 2011

Snack Attack

Oh munchies how you catch up to when I am weak;
And convince me that anything sweet or salty is what I seek.
You rumble in my belly
until my cravings range anywhere from chips to peanut butter and jelly.

I try to plan so I am not caught unaware
but you wait until I'm tired, frutrasted, and just don't care.
You watch for that perfect moment when I crumble
so that your lure tempts me through the cupboards to fumble.

I grab something...anything that will quickly quiet you.
What will do?
Something salty or sweet? Something gooey or with a crunch?
My resolve fading but yelling we just had a satisfying lunch!

Oh munchies you do win from time to time.
But I am getting stronger and will soon be in my prime.
It will only get harder to turn my head with your call.
Occasionally I do hit the wall
And today you won.
But munchies, this battle is far from being done!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment