Saturday, November 21, 2009

Touchdown!!!

It is football season people and I am caught in the middle of all the excitement. GEAUX SAINTS and Yay Vikings! Isn't it fun to cheer for the winners? Especially, if you feel you were there for the long run regardless of the good and the bad and week after week they pile on the wins? There is something about watching this American pastime. There is a sense of camaraderie I hadn't really grasped until this year. I have watched games in the past, but this year I feel invested. Watching a game is kind of an emotional experience. I cheer, I scream, I get frustrated, I feel sad, I laugh, I cry, I tense up, I explode, I comment, I criticize, and at the end feel a little bit emotionally drained. American Football is a true outlet for almost every athlete. There is a place for runners, catchers, throwers, kickers, blockers, tacklers, punters, coaches, cheerleaders, tumblers, and fans. Fans who go all out and dedicate themselves for the betterment of the team. Which makes me ponder? Who would I be on the football team? Would I be benched because I can't face the opposing team? Could I coach in all situations and devise the best strategy on the drop of a dime? Would I cheer in all circumstances even when morale is down and encouragement is most needed? Could I catch under duress while all eyes looked upon me? Would I block and/or tackle to save the ball risking my own health in hopes of saving my quarterback? Where do you think you would best perform in the world of American Football? I am having trouble imagining where I would best fit in the Football Family. But, I do know that I would like to be the type of player who completes The successful Hail Mary. A person that you can trust regardless of all situations, a person who trusts them self. I would hope I could protect my teammate even if the end result could cause me pain. My point is regardless of your role, couch potato to Head Coach. You matter on the field and off. Because we all have a role to choose to cause optimum results. Our daily routines include game plays. We tend to forget that we choose our schedule everyday. If the end result isn't working then call a different play. Because only when we choose to change do we choose to explore our options, to build a better team, and to grow confidence in the ever-dramatic Hail Mary. For every bad toss is a chance to improve and increase the probability of scoring when all eyes are on you to save the big day. May your HealthFull Journey include a team that cares. I thank you all for helping me to establish and reach this goal. Til we meet again. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment