Thursday, August 27, 2009

Ode to Sugar

Oh Sugar, how you've made me giggle!
But it is time to bid adieu; cause now, you make me wiggle and jiggle.
I fondly think back through our years.
We certainly had our share of cheers and tears.
Some people may turn to booze and drugs,
But I only answered to your craving tugs.
You cooed and you wooed and sounded so sweet;
That only you, Sugar, could be the perfect treat!
You disguised yourself in candy wrappers and frothy milkshakes.
You folded yourself into cookies and cakes.
You hid yourself in sauces and dips;
Anything handy to pass through my lips.
Oh Sugar, how you always knew
When I thought of leaving you.
You'd play cool as you lingered and stepped back.
And then , in the perfect moment, you'd smother me with a full craving attack.
Oh Sugar, you never kept score
For you always knew that I would need you more.
You were my comfort, my drug, and my joy.
How could I leave you, for the likes of soy?
But Sugar, I now choose health over You.
So Sugar, I now bid you adieu.
I bid adieu to swollen feet,
and my ever-growing caboose seat.
Without you dear Sugar, I wouldn't be me,
And hopefully, without you there will be a lot less of me to see.
For so very, very long, you were my high
But now, I happily say, "Buh-bye!"

1 comment: