Sunday, August 28, 2011

Preparing for a journey

Sometimes I sit down with a story to share, a life quip, or a message heavy on my thoughts and in my heart.  Tonight I had planned to share my day's experience and then my heart started pouring words unto the screen.  For those of you struggling remember tomorrow will be different.  For those of you shining and basking in the moment, pocket the memory.  For those of you confused, look around so many of us are sitting beside you.  Life is a journey.  There was a beginning few remember and an ending at a destination no one can predict.  So don't forget to look around and appreciate the journey.

Journey

Hesitating at the beginning

Out of fear of the ending.

So many steps in between

One can only hope that the beginning and the end will meet.



We weave our way through the maze

Scared of roadblocks.

Terrified of aimless wandering.

Everything must have a purpose

Or what’s the point?



We listen for encouraging words.

We quiet our restless urges.

We anticipate others’ reactions.

We demand results for ourselves.



We scream, we whisper,

We beg, we pray;

Whatever it takes

To reach the end.



To move from what was

Through what is

In expectation of what will be. . .



Oh how I wish I could share my findings,

But we must let others travel their trails.

Our words are mere distractions.

Our kindnesses rebuked.

Our experiences our own.



Others must stumble

Must choose their way

For their beginning was not yours

And their ending must be their own.



So friend if we meet along the path:

I will bid you many blessings,

Share what I have,

Invite you along my journey.

However, know I will take no offense

If you cannot stay;

for your own journey beckons.



We may hesitate because of our fear,

But know this my friend;

Only in travel may we gain acceptance of who we are

And who we’re meant to be.













No comments:

Post a Comment