Sunday, June 26, 2011

Surprise!

Life feels like it is full of surprises (It's like I am playing "Press Your LUCK"  and I keep saying Big Money and life keeps doling out the Whammies.  I must have hit my limit by now.)  My hubby and I made a deal that he would take early shift this morning and I would tomorrow.  As I am tired of all the mutiny from within the household.  Six oh four rolls around this morning and my dog is whining.  Who does she wake, oh me of course.  And I stumble into the bathroom angrily.  And as I enter my room to feed the animals and take her out.  My hubby is awake and doing the morning duties.  Ahhh what a sweet man.  Surprise one - frustrating - surprise two - heartmelting.  I crawl back into bed for the beautiful world of sleep. beep beep beep, beep beep beep, beep beep beep beep beep beeeeeeeeeeeeeep.  The monitor was losing battery.  Bitter me!!! So it isn't just the animals and the baby declaring mutiny, it's the world.  I stamp out of the room to grab the cord, plug it in.  And seethe my way into slumber.  I wake up and decide it is time to check in with my blood sugar.  I wasn't expecting perfection but figured it would be quite a bit lower from last week.  Lower but not near where I thought it would be.  Which means it must be broken.  I grab the monitor and ask my hubby for a favor.  He agrees because he is such a nice guy.  He did not know I planned to prick his finger.  He has a beautiful number.  So umm not the machine.  Now I'm frustrated at surprise 4.  But instead of diving into junk food.  (Well I did have leftover turkey tacos from last night but it was a lunch portion).  I decided I needed to work out so I didn't put it off for all day.  I decided to use the Wii Fit.  I got on the scale and saw I hadn't been on in a month and one day.  I know the habits I have been keeping.  I am imagining that I have gained up to ten pounds.  I am ready for it - Surprise 5 - I lost 4.2 pounds.  Really?  Thank you Wii Fit Scale.  I appreciated the pick me up.  Delight with Surprise 5.  And then I did the age body test - 22 years old for today's test - I 'll take it.  Here I was thinking I had lost all of my hard work for those two months.  Yes it was beginning to unravel but I caught it before it fell apart.  I guess I feel that is my lesson for today.  Life is full of surprises , the good, the bad, and the ugly.  We can prepare ourselves and then let it go.  Don't leave everything to chance that is not living,  but don't prepare for every possibility of rough times because a) you can't because it is impossible life still will surprise you, and b) you become a robot - you are programming yourself and your life but still avoiding life all together.  We need surprises.  The good are blessings and the bad tend to teach.  The ugly reminds us of what is truly important and matters at the end of the day.  When we barter all we have for the importance (family, friendship, and health).    I do enjoy a good surprise, but have learned so much from the other kinds.  For those of you experiencing the Whammy surprises.  You aren't alone and I promise there is a limit in life like there was in the game show.  We just don't know what that number is.  Life will get better!  God bless those who are hurting.

May your HealthFULL Journey teach you lessons with as painless surprises as possible and delight you many times over with the good surprises.  'Til we meet again. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment