Friday, April 2, 2010

Simple, consistent, and Accountable

So I have a couple of funny things to share. First, I wrote the Dear John letter to the gym before I (we or really my hubby called as I am easily swayed on the phone and probably would have agreed to buy into the gym's franchise instead of dropping our membership :) So when Cor called they gave him the good run-around. Don't call us we don't handle the billing, call the billing they say to call the gym, and around we go. We finally get a hold of the correct people (billing department) and my husband firmly states we want to drop our membership. The woman other end politely tells him we already dropped you from our books. What?!? Did the gym really just break up with us, and kind of coldly I might add. They're hiding behind the fact that our contract ended, but really? It was an awful break-up, they claim they broke up first, but you read my Dear John to Gym. For the record I initiated the break-up. Anyway that thought made me laugh. We want to drop our membership, and their response "Oh, you can't because we already dropped you :)" Whatever! So my other funny story. The only one to play an April Fool's joke on me yesterday (April 1st) was the Wii Fit. Oh yes I booted up the system and the Wii Board Character who greets you and then weighs you every time was dressed in a patriotic spangly cap. The character says "Oh no I can't find the Wii Board, there must be a malfunction, and then giggles. That's right the cartoon giggled at me. And then heartily said, April Fool's. This program cracks me up. Now that the gym is no longer a part of my routine (but then was it ever part of my routine? Sure, I would get some good runs together, but the problem was it never stuck in my routine.) What am I going to do for exercise? Well, I am going to keep things simple, consistent, and accountable. Instead of shelling out money to force myself into awkward commitments, I am going to do things that are already accessible. Like what? Great question! I am using the Wii Fit on a daily basis ( mornings lately). Now that the weather is nice, maybe I can get my hubby to pick up a racket as we have tennis courts down the block. Taking my darling puppy for a walk. And my accountability is that I tend to be more motivated at doing things for other people then for myself. To keep motivated while getting in better shape is that I have decided to participate in two different charity events. Both causes are quite close to my heart as they have affected my family and too many of my friends. In three weeks and a day (April 24, 2010) I will be walking six miles (the site says but last year it was only four miles, same location) for March of Dimes for my littlest niece who was born almost four months premature and is doing fantastic at nine months (will be ten by the walk). To keep me motivated on the actual walk will be my oldest niece and I am so excited for the event. The other event is the Relay for Life in six weeks (May 14 - 15, 2010) organized by the American Cancer Society. My hubby and I plan to walk in honor of both of our moms who are cancer survivors and both have been cancer-free for 5+ years, Praise God! We also walk in memory of our friends' parents because too many friends have had to say good-bye to their parents at way too young of age. I truly feel that both of these charities are worthwhile and am proud to help them raise money to continue the great work that they are doing. If you would like to donate to either cause I would be so appreciative and grateful of your generosity. (You probably will have to copy and paste the web addresses). If you would like to donate to the March of Dimes please visit the website: www.marchforbabies.org/SuzySullivan If you would like to donate to the American Cancer Society please visit the website: http://main.acsevents.org/goto/SuzySullivan My HealthFULL Journey has led me to such great opportunities. I hope your Journey is blessing you with surprises and opportunities. Fully Understanding Life by Living is helping me to open my eyes, count my blessings, and enjoy the ride. 'Til we meet again. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment