Thursday, April 29, 2010

Filling the Health Meter FULL

When embarking on this HealthFULL Journey I really was thinking from the physical aspect. My thoughts were along the lines of the hope to discover a hidden passion for excercise and the desire to nourish my body instead of just stuffing it. And though mild versions of this have occurred, I am downright shocked how much health in the other aspects are being improved. What I mean is the exciting things that have occurred in my life so far on this very interesting journey with a lot of twists that I didn't expect. When I named this blog I started with the Healthful journey and the name was taken. So I played on the words because I really liked the thought of improving my health and not just focusing on the weight and getting skinny. That's when it came to me that I wanted my life to be FULL of Health. And I do appreciate the ease of acronyms and the cutesie-cheesy factor as well. I am a cheesy kind of gal :) So that is how Fully Understanding Life by Living was established. Do you remember the expression, "Be careful what you wish for. . .because you might just get it!" Well I have had my wishes granted in spades. My Mental Health has improved as I have started to study for school. When on my own I guarantee I was not picking up textbooks to improve my knowledge of statistics and to be able to define the null hypothesis vs. alternative hypothesis....yada yada yada. I do well with a litte push. It is interesting that sometimes after studying for awhile, to then take a break and just walk away. After a quick breather, return and pick up the book once again and realized I have actually learned something. I know it's silly but sometimes it makes me smile as I get giddy reading the text and realize I understand what I am actually reading. My financial health is improving as I returned to a second job that I missed terribly (this also probably helped mental and emotional health as well - I get to be creative and interact more). My emotional health has greatly been on the rise. As I seek out Healthier opportunities and just being more open to life I have enjoyed a variety of activities that pull me away from my natural hermit ways. I am becoming involved with several charity events (looking for more ;) and that kind of participation boosts the heart. Meeting new people is always good and interesting. And the whole reason I thought of this topic is that my spiritual health is improving. My hubby and I have been on exciting search for a long time. When I performed with a traveling theatre ministry group I always appreciated the opportunity to perform at so many churches and to worship in different settings with people from a variety of denominations. I would define myself as a Christian and wanted this chance to share this freedom with my hubby as we explored the different churches of our area. We found this process both exciting and a little bit wearing. Because at some point you just want to say, Ahhh it's good to be home. I am so excited to share with y' all that we have found our church home and became official members almost two weeks ago. I feel we joined at the perfect time because our sermon series right now is about the fruits of the spirit. I am definitely looking to improve my fruit intake and knowledge and here it is nicely packaged in a sermon :) Last week's was about Joy and the pastor made an interesting comparison about the difference between happy and joy. Happy is about circumstances and depending on what event or interaction occurs in your daily life will affect your happiness. But Joy is what resounds within your being. Before this HealthFULL Journey I liked to think of myself as a happy person but now I can tell you I am becoming a joyful person. May your HealthFULL Journey bless you in all aspects of your own life in a complete 360 degree kind of way. 'Til we meet again. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment