Wednesday, December 2, 2009

What if?

Do you play the game of questions? I would have to consider myself a sort of master at the "what if" game. I am a champion worrier. We currently have a hole in our bathroom wall. ( You may remember me mentioning that we were having plumbing issues. ) I am "nervous" with this hole. If I am to be candid I am terrified that a creature of unknown proportions will pop out of the wall at any moment. Or that our furry creatures will decide to explore and squeeze through. (This would be quite a feat, but it still makes me nervous.) My fantastic hubby has helped quell my worries by covering the hole. I am not a hundred percent confident but I do feel a little more secure and that we keep the bathroom shut until our second friendly plumber pays us a revisit. Part of the what if game can lead to worries, solutions, or some intriguing discussions. I dally in the what-if game for all three reasons. Let's play a quick little round now. Since I am sitting here anxious about animals let's think about that theme. What if you could be any animal what would you choose to be? I tend to think that most of lean towards the powerful beautiful felines. There are the royal lions, the quick cheetahs, and the agile tigers. But what if we changed the question what would you CHOOSE to be to the question; what animal do you most resemble currently? Again I think many of us would like to be a quick cheetah, a humorous monkey, or perhaps a loyal dog. If I am to truly be honest with myself and all of you. I would have to pick the turtle. That doesn't so "cool" or even exciting, but strikes close to the truth. I like to carry "my shell". I like to think out solutions to most problems; regardless of how probably the outcome. I want to tuck my head in my shell and ignore the "problem areas". For instance I was not ready to call the plumber. I pull my vulnerable self into my shell and all is well. Also like the turtle I have always moved at my own pace. Most often the pace is slow and steady, but it is my own. I will hole up in my shell until I feel secure enough to move forward. The other quality I believe the turtles and I share is the ability to adapt. When you bring your home with you everywhere it is pretty easy to adapt. On your HealthFULL Journey I hope your what-ifs lead to few worries, many solutions, and interesting discussions always. 'Til we meet again. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment