Tuesday, December 29, 2009

10 am version vs 5 pm version

10 vs 5? What does that mean? I made a comment to my husband several weeks back and it weighed upon my thoughts as something to explore. I innocently said one evening, "I wish you could meet the ten o'clock Suzy." And he replied (as only a husband can) "Why? Is she nice?" And I lovingly looked up my husband and snapped "Yes, she certainly is!" We both laughed and then the thought lingered. The ten o'clock Suzy is amazing and the five o'clock she's kind of a lazy whiner. Am I alone? Or do you too have perkier, kinder, wittier, and all around better alter -ego version? There is something about the ten o'clock version of me who is ready to conquer the world. And I don't want to put down the five o'clock version of myself, but she is closer to being conquered BY the world than completing any conquests of her own. At ten I have got energy and plans. Lots and lots of plans, oodles I dare say. By five, I just want to sit down in front of the TV and rip up all the lists I have jotted. Because the five o'clock version has no intention of stepping off the couch; let alone out of the house. At ten I can't imagine resting until all ten lists are completed and two more are started. I am so excited to get going, I beginning fidgeting in my seat. Because at ten, I am full of positive energy and the can-do spirit. My lists begin to fill quickly and schedules dance around in my head. I believe the ten o'clock version of myself could be Santa's Personal Assistant. Organized, friendly, excited to get to work, that's me! But hours begin to pile as the perkiness begins to subside. By the time I hit traffic to head home five o'clock Suzy has quietly and moodily slipped into my car. She is cranky, exhausted, and can barely read the schedule of daily needs. At ten I just know I am going to hit the gym, try out a new recipe, go grocery shopping, update the blog, contact friends and family, and still be super pleasant to greet my husband and pets. At five I know I am going....home. And TRY to put on a happy face and try not to grumble to much about the day, traffic, and the dirty house. Because thou who complaineth, cleaneth! There is obvious reasons why at ten life seems a little better, a little brighter, and just all around a little bit perfect. Mostly, there is time to dawdle and take the scenic route while trying to accomplish the daily tasks. By five, time has dwindled and the pressure to get everything done NOW is compounded. At ten, there are few burdens traveling throughout the mantra of lists. It is easy to plan for the gym when there is no headache, no problem to run errands straight away from work forgetting half the objects are sitting on the cupboard ready to go, and still pick up groceries. Because at ten I am not hungry, after work I for some reason am famished as if I have traveled the desert for a week's time. Finally, I would say the lure of no crowds makes breezing through the lists fantastically easy. In the imaginary world everyone else is still at work while I breeze in and out of lines, traffic, and stores. The five o'clock Suzy has no such luck. This version gets sandwiched between the most annoying people in the world, the other five o'clock versions of everyone else who have ten places to be, right now!!! So in this exploration vision I have learned my ten o'clock energetic self has to one day meet the cranky run-down five o'clock version. If for no other reason my hubby deserves to meet the "nicer" version. May your HealthFULL journey be FULL of wisdom, insight, and laughter. Remember to Fully Understand Life by Living whether it be as your ten o'clock version or your five o'clock version! 'Til we meet again. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment