Friday, January 22, 2010

Wii Can Do it!

Once again I have gotten caught up in the hype and love it! For New year's with our Christmas bounty my hubby and I went on one wacky adventure complete with funny salespeople, odd circumstances, and just those surreal moments but by the end of the day we walked into our house with a Wii System and the Wii Fit Plus. It did take me a couple of days to get over the intimidation of trying out the System but with butterflies in my tummy I slid in the wii fit disk. They kind of get down to business and before you know it they are configuring your BMI and your fitness age. They estimated my original Wii Fit Age at 43. Ummm I'm 29. That's not a compliment. And just in case you didn't catch their drift they say that is fourteen years above your actual age and that means you are weaker than you should be. Well nothing like tough love. But there are moments like wow it really does know me. "Your balance is not so good, do you find yourself tripping a lot?" I DO!!!! and then it told me to avoid afternoon snacks , Do they have a video camera that is my worst time for the munchies ;) It is fun and though it is not the most strenuous activity I appreciate that it is encouraging consistency. In nine days I have used the system four times. Getting more consistent by the day. I am excited to share my Fit Age is down to 34. I am only five years away:) Not bad when you consider I was fourteen years aged a little over a week. I like the variety and the cute images. There is a Run program where you chase a cat. It makes me giggle:) I also don't have the coordination but love the stimulated cycling. But the program that really motivates me is called FREE STEP. The program is designed for you to watch a tv show while it coaches you to complete a step routine. Granted it is one inch off the ground but at least it is movement. It feels good to have hope and to have enthusiasm to get home to play, excuse me I mean work out:) It's late and I still have much to share about this but it will just have to wait. I hope your HealthFULL Journey includes enthusiasm, surprises, and a little wackiness. 'Til we meet again. . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment